Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Useless spam mails (Junk) will be filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.
The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) uses the rules of Thomas Bayes (English mathematician, 18th century) and calculates a certain Spam-Probability for every E-Mail. You can train this filter! So it will know your messages even better than you. Hence the recognition rate will continuously increase.
The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc... It supports POP and IMAP accounts, as well as secure connections.
Spam Recognition Filters:
- The Learning Filter recognizes more than 98% of all incoming spam mails. Use the Training Area, to increase the recognition rate continuously.
- You can also specify certain words, that often appear in spam mails. The Spam-Word-Filter will look for these words.
- The Link Filter searches incoming messages for links to spam websites.
- The DCC-Filter connects with the DCC Network to recognize unsolicited bulk mail.
# These are the main changes:
* Improved spam recognition rate
- Improved efficiency of the Learning Filter (added new classification algorithms)
- Added more pre-defined spam words to the Spam Word Filter
* Created native 64-bit version
* Tested with Windows 7
* Improved performance on multi-core systems
* Added shortcuts to the start menu to open Spamihilator windows like Recycle Bin or Training Area
* Improved user interface for increased usability
* Improved IMAP compatibility
* Improved general performance
* Fixed several bugs
* Added MSI-based installer for deployment within companies