SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
* The new Data Manager is opened instead of the previous separate management windows.
* Page zoom is being remembered on a site-specific basis now.
* WebSockets have been disabled for security reasons.
* Lightweight themes (Personas) support for the Address Book, Composer, and MailNews windows.
* Deferred Session Restore.
* The browser tab bar is now scrollable (also using the mouse wheel) to cope with tab overflow. Includes an "All Tabs" navigation button to quickly list all open tabs.
* News messages can now be deleted from local storage.
* Website search fields now feature a "Add a Keyword for this Search" context menu entry.
* In some places where previously a notification bar appeared (like remembering log-in passwords or after installing an extension), SeaMonkey now shows a "doorhanger" below the location bar.
* SeaMonkey now uses Omnijar which results in fewer installed files, less fragmentation and better startup time.
* Sync (f.k.a. Weave) is now included directly in SeaMonkey. Sync allows you to keep your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different devices (computers) in a secure way.
* Mac changes: PPC support was dropped, 64-bit support for 10.6 "Snow Leopard" was added.
* The new DoNotTrack HTTP header can be configured in Preferences, Privacy & Security