Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
This version improves the overall stability and usefulness of Sandboxie through various bug fixes and enhanced functionality:
* Improved support for sandboxed program installations, in particular for online installers such as Windows Live and the Google Pack.
* Improved support for Windows 2000.
* Improved support for sandboxing 16-bit DOS programs.
* Resolved conflicts with several third-party security applications.
* Sandboxie no longer recreates shortcut icons and associations every time it is started.
* Support for internationalization in Immediate Recovery.