Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
# This version is primarily a compatibility release which resolves a few recent issues:
- Improved compatibility with Google Chrome and Firefox plugin for Firefox version 11.
- Improved compatibility with Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
- Improved compatibility with SpyShelter, Kaspersky PURE
- Improved compatibility ASUS CapsHooks, UltraRecall, Wacom Tablet devices.
# New write-only feature:
- Files and registry keys outside the sandbox can be hidden, similar to the closed paths feature.
- Programs in the sandbox can create new files or registry keys within the write-only locations.
- For more information, please see Resource Access Settings.
# Improved compatibility with Windows 7 taskbar:
- Programs in sandbox will display the sandbox name when right-clicking the task bar button.
- Windows which belong to programs in different sandboxes will not be combined into the same task bar button.
- A middle-click on the task bar button will start a copy of the program in the same sandbox.