Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code.
Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
Python is distributed under an OSI-approved open source license that makes it free to use, even for commercial products.
# New features:
* Preserving Keyword Argument Order
* Simpler customization of class creation
* Local Time Disambiguation
* Literal String Formatting
* Adding A Secrets Module To The Standard Library
* Add a private version to dict
* Underscores in Numeric Literals
* Adding a file system path protocol
* Preserving Class Attribute Definition Order
* Adding a frame evaluation API to CPython
* Make os.urandom() blocking on Linux (during system startup)
* Asynchronous Generators (provisional)
* Syntax for Variable Annotations (provisional)
* Change Windows console encoding to UTF-8
* Change Windows filesystem encoding to UTF-8
* Asynchronous Comprehensions