The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted, and it is able to handle partitioning tasks with ease. It features an excellent set of extensive file system tools to work with.
Parted Magic supports the following file systems: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Key Features include:
- Format internal and external hard drives.
- Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
- Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
- Test hard drives for impending failure.
- Test memory for bad sectors.
- Benchmark your computer for a performance rating.
- Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
- Access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
- Runs from the CD, no install required.
Please note:Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 312MB of RAM to operate or 175MB in ?Live? mode.
Limitations:This version is the last known free version released and it is known to cause problems on certain computers. You have been warned.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 2013.08.01 of Parted Magic. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.