Paint.NET 3.5.11 Beta
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- Fixed: The Gaussian Blur effect was incorrectly calculating alpha values for non-opaque pixels.
- Improved performance of the Sharpen effect by about 25%
- Improved performance of the Median effect by about 30%
- Improved performance of the Fragment effect by about 40%
- Improved performance of the Unfocus effect by about 100%
- Reduced memory usage when many selection manipulation operations are in the history/undo stack (the undo data is now saved to disk)
- The built-in updater now supports upgrading to paint.net 4.0 (when it's available)