NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Added nsDialogs - a replacement for InstallOptions
* Disable Windows error messages for the entire installer and not just for
an incomplete list of fail-points (bug #1741061)
* Fixed incorrect large version handling of GetFileVersion (bug #1742255,
* Fixed the ReverseSection macro in Sections.nsh (bug #1742793)
* Minor documentation improvements
* Simplified REG_MULTI_SZ reader
* Use SHGetFolderPath where available to better support all users' folders
Utilities and Plug-ins
* Banner: Avoid possible hangs when called from page callbacks (bug
* NSISdl: added /TRANSLATE2 for more "translator-friendly" strings (patch
* NSISdl: support downloads over 2gb (patch #1723131)
* Added International Spanish
* Added support for HPUX (patch #1714416)