mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
In addition to being converted to Unicode, there are a few other notable changes:
- Improved Windows 7 compatibility
- More reliable INI file handling
- Faster text display/scrolling
- Speech support
- Improved interface design for a number of features
- Automatic text color correction
- Menubar ALT key show/hide feature
- Support for italic text and other font styles
- Optimized SSL routines
- Status window SSL connection icon
- IPv6 support
- Improved portable support
- Persistent channel history
- Digitally signed executables
- Automatic splitting of long channel/private messages
- Full screen display with F11 function key
- UPnP support
- Many bug fixes