Mendeley provides an useful solution to document management. It has 1GB of free cloud-based storage which is also upgradable to 2GB for $5 per month, 5GB for $10, or $15 for unlimited storage. Mendeley comes with cross-platform compatibility and has a clear interface that is easy to view and navigate.
Key Features include:
- All your research centralized: Securely stored and accessible across devices, you can search and sort your references, documents and notes in one place.
- Read and annotate on the go: Use Mendeley online or offline to access your PDFs on the move.
- Reference Manager: Generate your citations and bibliography in the style of your choice, with support for Microsoft Word, LibreOffice and BibTeX.
- Collaboration: Publicly or privately share reading lists, references or full-text articles. Create groups to tackle research assignments, share feedback and write papers.
- Organize: Import and organize PDFs from your computer, EndNote, Papers or Zotero.
- Showcasing your work: Connect with colleagues and peers to follow their research output. Showcase your published research to millions across the globe.
With Mendeley you can access your papers on the web or iOS device. The service has mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms, allowing you to access your Mendeley library, read and annotate your PDFs, and keep everything in sync across all your devices.
We have fixed the following bugs:
In the library:
The ‘Read’ column has been restored in the Recently Read view.
The application is no longer unresponsive during automatic backups.
For MacOSX Sierra and High Sierra users we have reduced the GPU usage.
Annotations can now be moved after they have been created.
Annotations are no longer displaying as ‘Unknown user’ for all exported annotations.
In the MS Word Citation plugin:
Fixed an issues causing users to get the error message ‘Range cannot be deleted (6028).
Merging citation in areas other than the body text now merge correctly.
Correct error messages are now displayed when you try to insert a citation or bibliography in a prohibited area.
Fixed some issues to improve performance.
In the LibreOffice citation plugin:
Adjacent inline or footnote citations no longer fail to merge when cited in a table.
We know some of you are still experiencing issues with the MS Word citation plugin and we do not yet have a fix for all of these but we have added some extra options to help us debug these issues.