Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
* Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. Kaspersky Anti-Virus creates Backup copies of files before they are encrypted by a malicious cryptor. This allows restoring these files from their Backup copies. Backup copies of files are stored in the system folder for temporary files (Temp). Certain limitations apply to this functionality
* The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 29.x, 30.x, 31.x, Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ 36.x
* An option to switch to Kaspersky Total Security has been added.
* Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
* Less time is required to start the application.
* Support for Windows® 8.1 Update has been added.
* The application upgrade process has been improved.
* The size of the application distribution package has been reduced.