Kaspersky Internet Security is a comprehensive security suite that gives you real-time protection for you and your family from hackers, phishing and malware websites, viruses, spam and adware.
With key components Kaspersky Internet Security is able to protect computers in real time against various forms of malware. The app provides safety from identity theft, phishing, and it is able to secure online financial transactions, to give you peace of mind while shopping online.
Key Features include:
- Parental controls monitor.
- Firewall protection against hacker attacks.
- Protection from adware, viruses, trojans, worms and spyware.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that happens, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
A great feature of Kaspersky Internet Security is the Anti-Spam component. When enabled, it filters incoming POP3 and IMAP email accounts, marking messages as spam or possible spam. The app integrates well with Outlook, allowing automatic filing of spam messages into their own folder.
Overall, Kaspersky Internet Security is a great, all-around security suite. During testing the antivirus protection is top notch, along with a solid firewall. The spam filter is very accurate, and the parental control component has more features than similar available suites on the market.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
* The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Virtual Keyboard) now support the web browsers Mozilla™ Firefox™ 32.x, 33.x, 34.x and Google Chrome™ 37.x, 38.x.
* The Google Chrome browser for a 64-bit operating system is now supported.
* Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
* Less time is required to start the application.
* The application upgrade process has been improved.
* Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. If a cryptor attempts to encrypt a file, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically creates a backup copy of this file before it is encrypted by a malicious cryptor. Backup copies are stored in the system folder for temporary files. If a cryptor has encrypted a file, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically restores it from the backup copy. Certain limitations apply to this functionality
* Safe Money functionality has been improved: events involving the weakening of protection during operation of Protected Browser are recorded in the event log. The application now includes the functionality that checks the trusted secure connection to Kaspersky Lab services and websites of online banking and e-money systems by verifying the certificates of the relevant web resources.