Kaspersky Internet Security is a comprehensive security suite that gives you real-time protection for you and your family from hackers, phishing and malware websites, viruses, spam and adware.
With key components Kaspersky Internet Security is able to protect computers in real time against various forms of malware. The app provides safety from identity theft, phishing, and it is able to secure online financial transactions, to give you peace of mind while shopping online.
Key Features include:
- Parental controls monitor.
- Firewall protection against hacker attacks.
- Protection from adware, viruses, trojans, worms and spyware.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that happens, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
A great feature of Kaspersky Internet Security is the Anti-Spam component. When enabled, it filters incoming POP3 and IMAP email accounts, marking messages as spam or possible spam. The app integrates well with Outlook, allowing automatic filing of spam messages into their own folder.
Overall, Kaspersky Internet Security is a great, all-around security suite. During testing the antivirus protection is top notch, along with a solid firewall. The spam filter is very accurate, and the parental control component has more features than similar available suites on the market.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
* User warnings when connecting to unprotected WiFi networks have been added
* Functionality for blocking unauthorized access to the webcam has been improved. Access to the web camera video streams is blocked
* Protection of data in the clipboard against theft and interception has been added
* An option to switch to Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Total Security has been added.
* Protection against unauthorized screenshots has been improved. Kaspersky Internet Security now protects you against unauthorized screenshots by using DirectX® and OpenGL.
* Functioning of the System Watcher component has been improved: protection against cryptors has been implemented. Kaspersky Internet Security creates Backup copies of files before they are encrypted by a malicious cryptor. This allows restoring these files from their Backup copies. Backup copies of files are stored in the system folder for temporary files (Temp). Certain limitations apply to this functionality
* Parental Control functionality has been enhanced: the list of websites covered by Safe Search has been expanded
* Configuration of Parental Control, Safe Money, and Trusted Applications mode has been simplified.
* Protection in Trusted Applications mode has been enhanced: applications are now monitored at an early stage of operating system startup and protection of .NET applications has been implemented
* The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor and Safe Money) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 29.x, 30.x, 31.x, Internet Explorer® 11, Google Chrome™ 36.x.
* Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
* Less time is required to start the application.
* Support for Windows® 8.1 Update has been added.
* The application upgrade process has been improved.
* The size of the application distribution package has been reduced.