Internet Explorer is the world's most popular Web browser. Security, ease of use, and improvements in RSS, CSS, and Ajax support are Microsoft's priorities for Internet Explorer. This version of IE runs on Windows XP.
The latest version of the browser includes support for:
- Accelerators - which allow supported web applications to be invoked without explicitly navigating to them.
- WebSlices - which allows portions of page to be subscribed to and monitored from a redesigned Favorites Bar.
- InPrivate privacy features.
- SmartScreen phishing filter.
IE7 is the long awaited major update to Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
This new version adds tabbed browsing, greater support for new HTML standards and a restyled interface.
This build is designed for XP only and won't install on 64 bit or Windows 2003 systems.
Main features are:
- Built-in RSS Feeds
- Microsoft Phishing Filter
- Vista Protected Mode
- Microsoft ActiveX Opt-In
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Updates
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG) support
- XML HTTP Native support
- Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) support
- Tabbed Browsing
- HTML 4.0.1 Support