Internet Explorer is the world's most popular Web browser. Security, ease of use, and improvements in RSS, CSS, and Ajax support are Microsoft's priorities for Internet Explorer. This version of IE runs on Windows XP.
The latest version of the browser includes support for:
- Accelerators - which allow supported web applications to be invoked without explicitly navigating to them.
- WebSlices - which allows portions of page to be subscribed to and monitored from a redesigned Favorites Bar.
- InPrivate privacy features.
- SmartScreen phishing filter.
- Fast, safe, and easy. Internet Explorer 8 takes the web experience beyond the page for quicker and more reliable for browsing with peace of mind.
- Get things done without navigating to other websites.
- Browse and get things done quicker than ever.
- Stay more secure and browse with confidence.
- Now you can get more tasks done more quickly on the web. Accelerators provide instant access to information like maps, web searches, translations, email, blogging, and more. - Simply highlight a word or phrase on a page and discover a faster way to get the information you need.
- Web Slices put you in control of the information you care about most. Now you can subscribe to specific content within a page and monitor things like auction items, sports scores, entertainment columns, weather reports, and more. Add a Web Slice to your Favorites bar and the information you care about will automatically be delivered to you.