FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Search results now arrive under 200ms, aka, Instant Search.
* New FrostWire "Smart Torrent" search. FrostWire will search inside
top matching torrents for individual files matching the current query.
* Core upgrade, if a .torrent fails to download from its HTTP location
FrostWire will download it from the DHT if it can find it there.
* Functionality to see the size of the Search DB and to reset it.
* UX upgrade, ability to hide/show seeding torrents on transfer manager.
* UX upgrade, Phone & Tablets desktop explorer asks before deleting files.
* UX upgrade, New file "Extension" column on search results.
* UX upgrade, Search tabs now have animated indicator to let user know
a search is still going on.
* UX upgrade, New filter by file type. Filter controls re-arranged.
* UX fix, search results can now be sorted by file type.
* TPB has been added to the list of search engines.
* Mininova is back.