Feed Demon 126.96.36.199 Beta
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: Synchronization with Google Reader. If you're already synching with NewsGator, you can convert to Google Reader by selecting Tools | Synchronization Options | Advanced | Convert Now. If you're new to FeedDemon, you'll be give a choice of synchronization platforms at startup. If you've been using FeedDemon without synchronization, the subscriptions report will include an "Enable synchronization" link.
* Added: "Reset feed title and homepage" button added to feed properties
* Changed: Watches and filers now appear beneath "Filters & Watches"
* Changed: ALT key no longer toggles the main menu (but you can still click any toolbar to hide it)
* Changed: Redesigned per-feed/per-folder prefetch options
* Changed: No longer creating separate program group for FeedStation icons
* Changed: FeedDemon's install is almost 30% smaller than before
* Changed: The default # of items per newspaper page is now 25 instead of 10
* Changed: Automatic backup now happens every 48 hours instead of every 24 hours
* Changed: Search results now use "surfer" style
* Fixed: Exceptions during prefetch
* Fixed: Deleting a folder containing a large number of feeds takes far too long
* Fixed: Unread count of selected feed is hard to read in unthemed subscription tree
* Fixed: Changes to a feed's home page URL are reset when the feed is updated
* Fixed: Subscriptions drawn using incorrect shell font size
* Fixed: Manual prefetch incorrectly says there are no items to prefetch
* Fixed: Vista's automatic horizontal scroll in the subscription tree scrolls too far
* Fixed: In rare cases, read items in synched feeds come back as unread if NewsGator detects them as being modified
* Fixed: Flickering in the subscription tree
* Fixed: Feed properties doesn't save changes to the feed's prefetch options
* Fixed: Custom newspaper style not reset when viewing filter
* Fixed: Ctrl+Arrow allowed as keyboard shortcut even though already handled by newspaper
* Fixed: Inaccurate progress bar during prefetch