ClamWin is a Free Antivirus program for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003 and Vista. ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge. It features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Scanning Scheduler;
- Automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database;
- Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.
# This release updates ClamAV scanning engine and brings a number of significant improvements:
* New virus signature targets enable detection of PDF, Flash, and Java class files.
* New filetypes supported in the scanner include ISO9660, Flash and 7-zip self-extracting archives.
* Performance and memory management improvements.