BWMeter is a powerful bandwidth meter, which encompasses a monitor, traffic controller and a firewall to display, measure and control all traffic to/from your computer or on your network.
BWMeter has an edge on other apps which provide a similar service, in that is is able to analyze data packets; where they come from, where they go, and which port and protocol they use. The advantage of this, is that you will be able to distinguish between local and internet traffic. You can also use BWMeter as a traffic controller, by configuring a speed limit for different kinds of connections.
Key Features include:
- Graphical and numerical bandwidth display.
- User definable filters for measuring bandwidth.
- Monitor all network interfaces and adapters.
- Monitor and display all network traffic.
- Filter by network address, port, application, etc.
- Firewall mode (interactive and silent).
- Traffic control, access control and speed limits.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly stats available.
- Alerts and notifications.
- Creates stats of all local network and Internet traffic.
- Shows hostile internet traffic: hackers, viruses, etc.
- Import and explore stats.
- Ping support for monitoring web servers.
- Easy installation and configuration with default options.
- Supports LAN, WAN, VPN, ADSL, xDSL, Modem, and Dial-Up.
- Fully customizable.
Overall, BWMeter is a useful app that is great for providing you with an overview of how much bandwidth is being used over your network. With it, you can create stats for all the computers on your network, and you can measure and display the LAN traffic along with upload/download traffic from the Internet as well. It is lightweight, easy to install, setup and configure.
New: possibility to install and uninstall the program silently for mass deployment.