yWriter is handy little app that has some really useful features for novelists. It works by organizing your work into chapters and scenes, thereby allowing you to schedule your work as if it were a project.
The app has a clean interface that is very easy to work with. The layout is easy to follow and it provides progress trackers that allow you to keep an eye on things, i.e. how many words are written in a scene and how many scenes are included in a chapter.
Key features include:
- Organise your novel using a project.
- Add chapters to the project.
- Add scenes, characters, items and locations.
- Display the word count for every file in the project, along with a total.
- Saves a log file every day, showing words per file and the total. (Tracks your progress)
- Saves automatic backups at user-specified intervals.
- Allows multiple scenes within chapters.
- Viewpoint character, goal, conflict and outcome fields for each scene.
- Multiple characters per scene.
- Storyboard view, a visual layout of your work.
- Re-order scenes within chapters.
- Drag and drop of chapters, scenes, characters, items and locations.
- Automatic chapter renumbering.
Overall, yWriter is a really handy tool that has some useful features that allow you concentrate on the material of your novel, and not on the inconsequential details. It has an easy to follow layout, and helpful word count and progress tacker tools. There is also a setup wizard to guide you along as well. yWriter is good all round app that will help you collate all the data you need for your novel and organize it in a concise manner.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 22.214.171.124 of yWriter. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.