WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1e.
- Not requiring the .NET assembly to exist in file.
- Not considering 3xx error code an error for post-login FTP commands.
- Workaround for servers that do not acknowledge file transfer.
- Bug fix: Failure after system-wide change.
- Bug fix: Issuer and Subject were swapped on Certificate verification prompt.
- Bug fix: Traversed subfolders are incorrectly included in find results.
- Bug fix: Wrong color indicator on session tab when session was not switched by clicking on the tab.
- Bug fix: Failure when auto remote directory refresh was triggered during operation initiated by drag&drop.
- Bug fix: Wrong timezone offset was applied with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: It was not possible to preserve timezone offset of 24 hours and greater in stored session.
- Bug fix: Wrong timestamp conversion with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Error in .NET assembly when temporary path contains exclamation mark.
- Bug fix: Indefinite chain of errors when XML logging fails.