Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
# The following bugs have been fixed:
- Cygwin make fails after updating to bash v 126.96.36.199
- Export HTTP > All - System Appears Hung (but isn't).
- Some HTTP responses don't decode with TCP reassembly on.
- Wireshark crashes when cancelling a large sort operation.
- Wireshark crashes if SSL preferences RSA key is actually a DSA key.
- tshark incorrectly calculates TCP stream for some syn packets.
- Wireshark not able to decode the PPP frame in a sflow (RFC3176) flow sample packet because Wireshark incorrectly read the protocol in PPP frame header.
- Mysql protocol dissector: all fields should be little endian.
- Error when opening snoop from Juniper SSG-140.
- svnversion: command not found.
- capinfos: #ifdef HAVE_LIBGCRYPT block includes a line too many.
- Value of TCP segment data cannot be copied. (Bug 5811)
- proto_field_is_referenced() is not exported in libwireshark.dll.
- Wireshark ver. 1.4.4 not displayed "Granted QoS" field in a A11 packet.
# Updated Protocol Support
- HTTP, LDAP, MySQL, NFS, sFlow, SSL, TCP