UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
- Added fragmentation level display to all the interfaces
- Added ability to skip the disk processing when fragmentation level is below a specified one (fragmentation_threshold option in GUI; UD_FRAGMENTATION_THRESHOLD environment variable in command line tool and boot time interface)
- Added settings for file pattern groups to easier exclude or include groups of files
- Fix: GUI forced to handle any setting changes reliably
- Fix: filters forced to be case insensitive for all the characters (they worked properly for ANSI characters only)
- Added ability to specify the installation folder
- Added log file creation to debug silent installations
- Translations were added: Malay
- Translations were updated: Albanian, Arabic, English (GB), French, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Spanish (ES), Spanish (MEX)