UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
* The ability to resize the main window has been added.
* Text and controls are now scaled to the current DPI settings of the screen.
* Cluster map customization is possible now through guiopts.lua configuration file editing.
* Update check was added.
* One little bug preventing the root directory from being defragmented fixed.
* Few bugs preventing the correct MFT displaying were fixed.
* Driver was improved to better distinguish between free space and MFT zone.
* One little bug preventing displaying system files in green color on NTFS volumes was fixed.
# Boot time interface:
* Progress indication was improved.
* Backspace and escape keys handling added to the interactive mode.
* Few bugs were fixed.
# Command line tool:
* --wait option was added to make scheduled defragmentation more flexible.
* --use-entire-window option was added.
* UltraDefrag Scheduler has been retired as a component less functional than standard Windows Task Scheduler; visit http://ultradefrag.wikispaces.com/ for tutorials on scheduling disk defragmentation tasks through Windows Task Scheduler.
* The following translations were updated: Czech, Finnish, Japanese, Spanish (AR), Portuguese (BR), Korean, Hungarian.