UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
* All disk processing algorithms were optimized for speed and efficiency.
* Support to optimize FAT disks was added.
* The ability to specify the file sorting order and criteria was added for optimization.
* Additional filters for fragment and file size were added.
* Optimization now makes use of all specified filters.
* The ability to minimize the window to the system tray was added.
* The ability to display the progress on the task bar icon was added for Windows 7® and above.
* File fragmentation reports are now no longer stored in the root folder of the drive, but in a sub-folder of the installation folder, so they are no longer left behind after removing UltraDefrag.
* The Explorer context menu handler is now configurable too.
* The following translations were added: