Java Runtime Environment 18.104.22.168
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# Contains the following enhancements:
* JDK Support for Mac OS X
* New JVM (Java HotSpot Virtual Machine, version 23)
* New Supported Garbage Collector: Garbage First (G1)
* JavaFX 2.1 Runtime co-installs with JRE 7 during auto-update
* JAXP upgraded to 1.4.6
* Java DB upgraded to 10.8.2.2
* SPARC T4 specific crypto optimizations in the security area
* New flag to unlock Commercial Features