Java Runtime Environment 184.108.40.206
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# Bug Fixes
* This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities
- Porting fix for TimeZone from JDK 8 back to JDK 7
- UnsatisfiedLinkError on PKCS11.C_GetOperationState while using NSS from jre7u6 +
- XML Signature DOM implementation should not use instanceof to determine type of Node
- [macosx] Unchecking the Check for Updates Automatically checkbox in the JCP prevents Manual Update