AMD Catalyst Drivers XP  10.2 XP
# New Features
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ application profiles for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ supported configurations
This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ profiles in a separate executable file, ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.
> The ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.2 package includes the fully qualified ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.2 application profile list (which includes all ATI CrossFireX profiles) and is installed by default
> The latest application profile list is posted on amd.com in a separate .exe file that users can install to get the absolute latest application profiles (that have not yet been added to the official ATI Catalystâ„¢ release)
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ support for PowerPlayâ„¢ on ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ technology supported configurations
Significant power saving benefits for users with ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5900 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 Series setup in ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ configurations.
> Automatically enabled in the ATI Catalystâ„¢ driver for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista
> Sets secondary GPU(s) engine and memory clocks to low levels and reduces voltage when the GPU(s) are not in use
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ support for DisplayPort audio
This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ provides support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels.
* Support for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups.
Supported on the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 Series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5600 Series.
# Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalystâ„¢ 10.2:
* DiRT 2 â€“ Overall performance improves up to 8% on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 series products
* Battleforge â€“ CrossFire ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 performance improves up to 6%
* Unigine Heaven â€“ DirectX 9 CrossFire performance has improved significantly on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series products
* The Chronicles of Riddick â€“ Assault on Dark Athena â€“ Overall performance on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 improves up to 4%
# All Systems
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows. These include:
* Appropriate prompts will now pop up while creating Eyefinity group with DVI and display port devices in extended mode
* Creating an Eyefinity group on the non-primary display now functions properly
* Catalyst Control Center now responds properly and selection buttons are available when re-creating Eyefinity group
* [Catalyst Control Center] Hotkeys for rotations no longer disappear after disabling rotated Eyefinity mode
* With active display in clone mode, creating an Eyefinity group now functions properly and message prompting user to disable the extended desktop will now popup
* System will no longer freeze while accessing the UVD Decoder
* Intermittent grey screen or vertical line corruption may randomly appear on the screen
# Windows XP
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:
* Changes to the AVIVOâ„¢ gamma settings during Blu-ray HD playback are now retained after closing and restarting player
* Flickering and corruption no longer observed while playing "Wolfenstein Multiplayer" at high settings
* Resume playback after standby or hibernation no longer causes PowerDVD 9 to freeze or exit abruptly