FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization application for Mac OS X. The application also runs on Windows and Linux. FreeFileSync provides you with a clean, easy to use and intuitive interface, which offers numerous features for synchronization purposes.
Key Features Include:
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders.
- Automate sync as a batch job.
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions.
- Uses macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups.
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks.
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks).
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse).
FreeFileSync also supports portable installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
Support multiple connections per FTP folder traversal.
35% faster folder traversal for FTP servers supporting MLSD.
Use single CWD when changing FTP working directory.
Fixed EOPNOTSUPP error on gvfs-mounted FTP (Linux).
Maximize FTP I/O speed using prefetch/output buffers.
Prevent input focus stealing after manual comparison.
Use larger socket buffer for FTP upload speed increase.
Fixed out of memory error when copying large files via FTP.
New popup dialog option to ignore all errors.
Reduced memory peaks by enforcing streaming buffer size limits.
Removed custom sync directions from config XML if not needed.
Flash task bar after comparison if other app has input focus.