FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization application for Mac OS X. The application also runs on Windows and Linux. FreeFileSync provides you with a clean, easy to use and intuitive interface, which offers numerous features for synchronization purposes.
Key Features Include:
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders.
- Automate sync as a batch job.
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions.
- Uses macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups.
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks.
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks).
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse).
FreeFileSync also supports portable installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
Fixed copying files with locked byte ranges using VSS.
Fixed wrong FTP working directory reuse in libcurl.
Allow retry upon failure during online update check.
Repackaged Donation Edition to reduce AV false positives.
Apply correct directory path encoding during FTP traversal.
Fixed strict weak ordering for SFTP session ID sorting.
Clean up read-only temporaries during failed sparse file copy.
Fixed access denied file copy error for ADS.
Workaround broken SMB servers reporting sparse support.
Support hash characters in FTP directory listing.
Prepared auto-updater to support new installer format.
Refined installer error reporting.
Streamlined sync config dialogs.
Resized installer window dimensions.