Fission is an audio editing tool that allows you to crop and trim audio, paste in or join files and even rapidly split one long file into a number of files.
As well as editing you can also use Fission to convert formats, rapidly exporting or converting files in batches to MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV formats.
One feature of Fission is that it has been streamlined so that editing is faster, however it does not suffer from quality loss which is common with other editors. The user interface is simple to use, making the whole process of audio editing more fun. Once you've finished editing, Fission allows you to publish your audio directly to a SoundCloud account, meaning that sharing is easier than ever.
So whether you want to edit audio to create iPhone ringtones, remove unwanted ads, edit podcasts or convert digital albums, Fission is the essential audio editing application for you.
- This version improves file support for several different file types. First up, loading of AAC and Apple Lossless is much faster.
- In addition, support for Apple Lossless files has been improved, with support for the rare 20-bit ALAC format.
- Tag support for FLAC files has also been improved.
- Rounding out our improved file support, chapterized AAC files are now better supported as well.
- Fission is now fully certified for use with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
- Fission now requires Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher. If you're still on 10.8 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page.