Dropbox for Mac 34.4.22
Dropbox is a file sync service that offers sharing and storage facilities. Users can access files from practically any device with an internet connection. With more than 275 million users, it's one of the most recognisable cloud storage services on the web, although it faces tough competition from Google and Microsoft.
Users install the software on each of their devices. Files stored within the Dropbox folder are uploaded to the cloud and synced to all devices.
The basic Dropbox account is free and offers 2GB of storage space - enough for casual use. If you need more capacity, you'll need to pay to upgrade. There's a Packrat add-on that offers unlimited undeletes and unlimited file version archiving.
Other benefits include:
- File retrieval from any location or device.
- Unlimited downloads of files over wifi or cellular connections.
- File sharing with other Dropbox users via the web interface or Dropbox application. Shared files take up space in both accounts.
- A Public folder for easy sharing using a simple URL.
- Encryption in transit and at rest, although Dropbox holds all encryption keys.
- A referral program offering 500 MB additional space per referral, up to a maximum of 16 GB.
If you store photos on Dropbox, it will display them in an attractive gallery format on the web, making it easy to flick through and choose your best snaps.
Improvements and fixes.