WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- FTP passive mode IP address is substituted with connection address automatically when passive mode address is unroutable.
- Postponing upload of modified edited remote file to allow the editor finish saving of the file.
- Parsed directory listing is logged.
- Bug fix: Instruction-only authentication prompts were failed, when predefined password was used in prior prompt already.
- Bug fix: Error when connecting to FTPS servers not supporting SSL session resuming.
- Bug fix: Bugs and other three-state session options were logged incorrectly.