TortoiseSVN is a really easy to use Revision control / version control / source control software for Windows. It is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don't know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it's not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has all the features of Subversion itself, including:
- Most current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
Culminating over 9 months of development effort, this is the best release of TortoiseSVN yet, and delivers powerful features, including:
* Early support for tree conflict detection
* improved revision graph
* ...and many more.
- NEW: Ignoring of multiple selected items by their extension. See
issue #423 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: The log dialog allows filtering by bug-ID.
See issue #422 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: Column to show the remote revision in the CfM dialog. (Stefan)
- NEW: The current revision of the working copy item is shown in
bold in the log dialog. See issue #425 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: The custom tsvn: urls allow a revision to be specified after the
real url, separated with '?'. (Stefan)
- NEW: The state of the 'merge non-interactive' checkbox is remembered
across sessions. (Stefan)
- NEW: editing the author in the log dialog is now possible for
multiple selected revisions. (Stefan)
- NEW: Paste command to paste copied/cut files from explorer into
a working copy. See issue #427 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: TortoiseProc returns now 0 after the command finished successfully
and -1 if the command failed with an error. See issue #426
for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: Added blame command to context menu of the status list control. (Stefan)
- NEW: "up" button in the repo browser. (Stefan)
- NEW: Checkbox to exclude the externals in the Check-For-Modifications
- NEW: Ability to cancel the "patch all" function. (Stefan)
- NEW: Option to disable the context menu for specific paths. (Stefan)
- NEW: Extended the IBugTraqProvider. See issue #428 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: The status cache handles "runas" now better. (Stefan)
- NEW: Automated removal of unused log caches. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- NEW: When diffing against BASE, the diff tool now shows the BASE revision
in the view title. (Stefan)
- NEW: if "unversioned files mark parent folder as modified" is active,
the revert dialog shows a hint if unversioned files are found. (Stefan)
- NEW: Auto-maintenance for log caches plus several settings to control
its behavior. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- NEW: Log cache supports multiple repositories with the same UUID.
- NEW: Revision graph settings page. Several previously hidden
features are now available to the user. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- NEW: The status list control shows the entries grouped by externals if
no changelists are present. (Stefan)
- NEW: two project properties (bugtraq:provideruuid and bugtraq:providerparams)
to specifiy the IBugTraqProvider for the project. (Stefan)
- NEW: Helper dialog to resolve property conflicts. (Stefan)
- NEW: Revision graph can be collapsed / expanded as well as
split and joined. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- NEW: Helper dialog to resolve tree conflicts. (Stefan)
- NEW: TortoiseBlame shows the revision range in the title. See
issue #429 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: Revision graph: Option to hide unmodified branches (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- NEW: Revision graph: Option to show workspace modifications as extra node
- NEW: Revision graph: Update / Switch WC in node context menu
- NEW: A warning is shown if the user tries to add a file that was versioned
but renamed in case. (Stefan)
- NEW: TortoiseMerge scrolls the views automatically when selecting with
the left mouse button down. (Stefan)
- NEW: In the log dialog filter, a ! char at the beginning will negate
the filter string. (Stefan)
- NEW: Column in the check-for-modifications dialog to show
the lock date. (Stefan)
- NEW: Context menu to delete and ignore files at the same time. (Stefan)
- NEW: Tooltips in the action column of the log dialog, explaining the
action icons. (Stefan)
- NEW: When moving/copying a file over an existing file, ask the user whether
to replace that existing file. (Stefan)
- NEW: Shift-click feature for merge tools. See issue #430 for details. (Stefan)
- NEW: "Create patch" and "Check for Modifications" available from
commit/CfM dialog. (Stefan)
- NEW: new column for checkout depth in the CSVNStatusListCtrl. (Stefan)
- NEW: overlays in the CSVNStatusListCtrl for the different depths and
external/nested files and folders. (Stefan)
- CHG: The bug-ID column width in the log dialog is now limited
to 200 pixels. (Stefan)
- CHG: The right-drag context menu now only shows "Export" if a versioned
folder is dragged (for files, the windows 'copy' does the same). (Stefan)
- CHG: The right-drag context menu checks whether source and target are
from the same repository and shows the "SVN move" and "SVN copy"
commands only if they are. (Stefan)
- CHG: When only files are selected for "Add", the Add-dialog is not
shown anymore but the files are added immediately. (Stefan)
- CHG: file:// access to BDB based repositories is no longer supported. (Stefan)
- CHG: the log dialog now shows a possible error message when fetching the
log as a text in the top list control instead of showing a popup
message box. (Stefan)
- CHG: New revision graph look. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- CHG: Faster and more reliable revision graph filtering. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- CHG: If tsvn:logtemplate was set and not changed in the commit dialog, it
isn't added to the log history anymore. (Stefan)
- CHG: "Ambiguous URL" option no longer limits log cache functionality.
- CHG: Various improvements to log statistics graphs (Aras Pranckevicius)
- CHG: The merge wizard is now resizable. (Stefan)
- CHG: The checkout/export dialogs do not ask whether to create the folder
to checkout/export aynmore but silently create it. (Stefan)