SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
- almost any number of South Bridges
- almost any number of hardware monitor chips
- almost any number of hard disks
- almost any number of temperature readings
- almost any number of voltage readings
- almost any number of fan speed readings
- almost any number of PWMs
- added IN-DEPTH HARD DISK ONLINE ANALYSIS tool
- added centralized INTERNET configuration tab in CONFIG dialog
- added support for NForce410
- added support for new video cards
- added Temperature Sensor Type, BJT Offset and Gain support for Fintek F75375S in CONFIGURE / ADVANCED (on Asus V9999 you might need to set BJT OFFSET from 174 to 202)
- SMART overall indicators are computed using a more advanced strategy
- updated the help file
- properly fixed byte swapped HDD model names