Songbird 0.5 Beta
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player.
It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.
- Smart Playlists
- Built-In Web Browser
- Multi-language Support
- Automatic Updates
- Setup Assistant
- Custom User Interface
- Library Management
- Developer Support
Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.
Please note that the author has stopped supporting this program, but Nightingale is now available as an alternative.
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
The following are new features and improvements for the Songbird 0.5 release:
* New Device API with initial MTP Device Support Add-on. We encourage you to provide feedback on your experience with your favorite MTP device. Please see our MTP Device Compatibility Feedback page.
* Extensible Library Views now enable developers to create add-ons that add additional library views in Songbird (6456)
* Improved shuffle algorithm (754)
* Added Mac menu/key command support (4845) for:
o Hide Songbird (Command-H)
o Hide Others (Command-Option-H)
o Show All
o Preferences... (Command-,)
o Quit Songbird (Command-Q)
* Improved RSS playlists support/parsing (5774)
* Notification to let Linux users know they need to add the GStreamer plugin (6427)
* Added "Source" column to downloads playlist (6356)