Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Usability improvements in Sandboxie components.
- New Set Layouts and Groups command groups sandboxes into a hierarchy for easier access in menus and lists.
- Sandboxie Start Menu includes a new "All Files and Folders" sub-menu to explore all drives.
- The Windows program dllhost.exe was added to the default list of Lingering Programs.
* Compatibility fixes for audio in Google Chrome and Flash plugin version 11.3.
* Improved compatibility with Actual Window Manager, Chameleon Window Manager, Cucusoft Net Guard, GreatNews RSS Reader, Internet Download Manager, Listary, Logitech QuickCam, Password Door, ShortKeys version 3.