mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
- Fixed window focus bug when mIRC is restored from a minimized state.
- Changed /ban to allow more channel user modes to use it.
- Changed $mklogfn() to only return a partial path when the "Make folders" option is enabled in the Logging dialog.
- Fixed $sfile() and other file dialogs not returning file extensions if "Hide file extensions" is enabled in Explorer in Windows 7.
- Changed /sockwrite to send data immediately instead of queuing it which should speed up transfers.
- Added scrollbar buttons back to switchbar when many windows are open.
- Changed the way mIRC exits when Windows is shutdown which should prevent lost mirc.ini settings for some users.
- Changed CAP command to not display error message during logon for servers that do not support it.
- Fixed idle color not being reset immediately when using /msg command.
- Fixed hadd/hinc/hdec -cuNz bugs, should now work like set/inc/dec.