Comodo Internet Security 3.9.95478
Comodo Internet Security is a free, security app that provides complete protection from virus attacks, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers.
The app is multi faceted and combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention tools, configurable application control and anti-spyware. All in one powerful app.
Key Features include:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Root-kit: Scans, detects & removes root-kits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it can install.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware: Kills malicious processes before they can infect your system.
Overall, Comodo Internet Security features a friendly graphical user interface that can be navigated by users of all levels of expertise. It has a strong, robust firewall, a high quality Antivirus and stacks of other security tools that are all easy to configure; just 'set and forget'.
* NEW! Multilingual Support: CIS now supports other languages
* NEW! Stateful File Inspection for Realtime Virus Scanner
* NEW! Integrated In Memory Virus Scanner(i.e. Integrated BOClean)
* NEW! LivePCSupport is provided as a 30 Day Trial
* IMPROVED! Default popup layout changed to the basic layout in order to encourage the use of it
* IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection: New types of defenses are added e.g. Clipboard logging, Keyboard input blocking etc.
* IMPROVED! Keyboard and Screen access alerts are improved and number of false positives are reduced
* IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection while the Windows is Booting/Shutting down
* IMPROVED! Stronger Default Firewall policy in order to better hide from attackers(Thanks to feedback from our forum moderator Ronny)
* IMPROVED! Configuration Management window is changed
* IMPROVED! Submission functionality for the Quarantined items added
* FIXED! Avntivirus heuristics does not detect some files properly
* FIXED! Defense+ BO protection incompatible with Spy Swepper virus scanner.
* FIXED! CIS does not validate digital certificates properly
* FIXED! CIS blocks some application from being executed
* FIXED! BSOD while CIS is being uninstalled
* FIXED! CIS does not detect some types of shellcodes upon a BO attack
* FIXED! CIS erroneously reports buffer overflow attacks for some applications under certain circumstances
* FIXED! CIS does not scan spcially created RAR files properly (http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/34737, first reported by Thierry Zoller)
* FIXED! CIS creates duplicate file name entries for some protected file access alerts
* FIXED! Right click scanner reports "Antivirus Engine is not initialized"
* FIXED! Threatcast registration does not work properly(This bug caused some users unable to see TC statistics)
* FIXED! CIS occasionally crashes while submitting the files
* FIXED! CIS firewall drivers sometimes cannot be restored by the diagnostics utility
* FIXED! CIS did not scan NTFS streams during manual scanning
* FIXED! Windows Logon Screen is shown when CIS is installed under certain circumstances(Windows created a password bug)