BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add default settings of view size and list col width for common screen resolutions
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that in 0.73 an explorer window will be opened when task finish if the virus scan program path setting is incorrect
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that task list every 5 minutes auto-save function does not work
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that "Task File Move to" -> "Other Location" function only applied to first task when multi tasks are selected
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that in 0.73 sometimes the file is not downloaded entirely when task finish