Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
# The following bugs have been fixed:
* "On-the-wire" packet lengths are limited to 65535 bytes.
* Tx MCS set is not interpreted properly in WLAN beacon frame.
* VoIP Graph Analysis window - some calls are black.
* Wireshark fails to decode single-line, multiple Contact: URIs in SIP responses.
* epan/follow.c - Incorrect "bytes missing in capture file" in "check_fragments" due to an unsigned int wraparound?.
* gsm_map doesn’t decode MAPv3 reportSM-DeliveryStatus result.
* Incorrect NFSv4 FATTR4_SECURITY_LABEL value.
* Timestamp decoded for Gigamon trailer is not padded correctly.
* SEL Fast Message Bug-fix for Signed 16-bit Integer Fast Meter Messages.
* DNP3 Bug Fix for Analog Data Sign Bit Handling.
* GSM SMS User Data header fill bits are wrong when using a 7 bits ASCII / IA5 encoding.
* WCDMA RLC dissector cannot assemble PDUs with SNs skipped and wrap-arounded.
* DTLS: fix buffer overflow in mac check.
* [PATCH] Correct data length in SCSI_DATA_IN packets (within iSCSI).
* GSM SMS UDH EMS control expects 4 octets instead of 3 with OPTIONAL 4th.
* Fix "decode as …" for packet-time.c.
# Updated Protocol Support
* ANSI IS-637-A, BSSGP, DNP3, DVB-BAT, DVB-CI, GSM MAP, GSM SMS, IEEE 802.11, iSCSI, NFSv4, NTLMSSP v2, RLC, SEL FM, SIP, and Time
# New and Updated Capture File Support