WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.
You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
# Additions Enhancements and Bug Fixes
* Added New Features to Start, IE Helper and Service Alerts
- Added Properties information directly from Windows
- Added Open Folder launching Windows File Explorer to allow user direct access to new file.
- Added Exit Windows emergency exit in case new users are confused or had WinPatrol installed without their knowledge.
- Include Disable feture to new Startup Program alert message. This tells WinPatrol to keep track of this file and always remove it anytime it is put back into the startup list.
* Reduce font size for dialogs that display long path names.
* Confirm MS Shell Dlg font is used to support international system fonts
* Adjust fonts to provide better handling when resizing main interface
* Change default position of alert message to upper right corner to be less obstuctive
* Detect signature file updates without warning McAfee users every day.
* Confirm all types of changes are checked at the same time when any single change occurs.
* Allow suppression of multiple alerts during Real-time Infiltration Detection