Virtual Serial Port Driver 8.0.428
Virtual Serial Port Driver is a simple application that allows you to create virtual COM port pairs. Virtual serial ports created in Virtual Serial Port Driver behave as if they were real ports, so applications can communicate with each other and transfer data via virtual null-modem cable. Virtual serial ports created in Virtual Serial Port Driver also support all serial port settings, strict baud-rate emulation, HandFlow control and signal lines.
Key features include:
- Create any number of virtual COM ports.
- Complete real ports settings emulation.
- Manage all signal lines.
Virtual Serial Port Driver has a user-friendly interface that allows you to quickly create serial ports with any name you need (you are not limited to COMx names). Overall, the application provides you with lots of ways of personalizing serial ports and you can control them directly from your own application using the vspdctl.dll. It ensures a reliable data transmission speed and enables you to test or debug any software or application you need in order to locate any bugs in your code.
* Fixed: a BSOD when an I/O operation was canceled by the program operating the port.
* Fixed: on Windows 2003 32-bit, a BSOD on opening the GUI with a certain ports configuration.
* Fixed: incorrect ports behavior after the system was woken up from sleep mode.
* Fixed: unreliable creation/removal of multiple ports, when done too quickly.
* Fixed: ports not being created in the VC example provided with the OEM version.