TortoiseSVN is a really easy to use Revision control / version control / source control software for Windows. It is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don't know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it's not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has all the features of Subversion itself, including:
- Most current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
* Merge tracking (foundational)
* Sparse checkouts (via new --depth option)
* Interactive conflict resolution
* Changelist support
* Relative URLs, peg revisions in svn:externals
* Cyrus SASL support for ra_svn and svnserve
* Improved support for large deployments on FSFS, via sharding
* Improved FSFS optimizability, via immutable file isolation
* WebDAV transparent write-through proxy
* Improvements to copy and move
* Speed improvements, cancellation response improvements
* Easier to try experimental ra_serf DAV access module
* API changes, improvements, and much language bindings work
* More than 150 new bug fixes, enhancements