TortoiseSVN is a really easy to use Revision control / version control / source control software for Windows. It is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don't know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it's not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has all the features of Subversion itself, including:
- Most current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
- BUG: Issue #394: crash when refreshing status list control.
- BUG: Issue #396: crashes in various commands if the config file is invalid.
- BUG: Issue #398: Copied files don't get reverted to recycle bin.
- BUG: Issue #399: Selecting an url from the repbrowser clears the url.
- BUG: Issue #400: repo browser crash when refreshing.
- BUG: Issue #401: Exception shown when blame is called for an url.
- BUG: Issue #402: various crashes in other applications.
- BUG: Issue 404: checkbox width calculated wrong if visual styles are disabled.