SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
Security and stability fixes
166254 Received date field
178993 MSIE-extension: HttpOnly cookie attribute for cross-site scripting vulnerability prevention
206679 junk Mail filtered from an IMAP to Local or pop folder does not get analyzed when that folder is opened
310264 unable to print forwarded mail (message/rfc822)
312473 extension update does not try authentication if needed (e.g. proxy auth at startup)
319934 Crash on quit just as an nsXMLHttpRequest is fired [@ nsContentUtils::GetDocShellFromCaller]
322436 WARNING: nsBlockFrame::CheckFloats: Explicit float list is out of sync with float cache
342857 Add support for XPath function 'current()'
351943 Browser crashes when trying to allocate large image
352998 Mail never deleted from pop server(due to fail to keep consistency of popstate.dat when connection loss); Then eventually Server fills after months and email rejected
359821 Firefox just crashes after about 10 minutes of use [@ nsHTMLDocument::GetElementById]
363592 GCC build errors in nsImageWin.h and nsImageWin.cpp
364461 [FIX]Pagehide not always dispatched in subframes