Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Albanian translation contributed by Besmir Godole.
* Chinese (Traditional) translation contributed by tenhon.
* Czech translation contributed by Virec Jaroslav.
* Russian translation contributed by Sergey Burkun.
* New application configuration system makes it easy to activate configurations and resolve conflicts with third-party software.
* Intercept AutoPlay notifications for better protection of CD/DVD and USB drives which are protected (forced) by Sandboxie.
* Sandboxie Control does not abort if the tray icon cannot be installed.
* Border around sandboxed windows uses less CPU resources and does not appear around full screen Web video windows.
* Fixes related to Windows Vista:
* Support "Run As" UAC elevation requests for sandboxed programs.
* Fixed a problem with Internet Explorer 8 when User Account Controls (UAC) is enabled.
* Fixed a problem that prevented a clean start of Windows Installer.
* Fixed a problem with starting Windows Live Messenger.
* Fixed a problem with use of some plug-and-play hardware such as webcams and joysticks.
* Fixes to Quick Recovery and Immediate Recovery:
o Correctly recover files that have a long name or a long path.
o Suspend Immediate Recovery notifications until the file is no longer in use by the application that created it.
o Improved support for Immediate Recovery with Google Chrome and Microsoft Office products.
* Many more fixes under a hood for a smoother Sandboxie experience.
* Resolved conflict with eEye Blink (version 4.3.0 or later)
* Resolved conflict with Outpost Firewall during installation.