Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Bug Fixes
- Sandboxie Control would crash if one of the Quick Recovery folders is a reparse point
- Sandboxie Control would not forget its window size and position in a multiple monitor setup.
- A file that matches a direct access setting could be handled incorrectly (1) if renamed to a name which no longer matches any direct access settings; or (2) if its parent folder did not exist outside the sandbox.
- Direct access exclusions to window class names would not always apply under 64-bit Windows.
- Incorrect handling of access to files in the sandbox using a file ID rather than a file name.
- Improved dropping of files into the Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers in a drag-and-drop scenario.
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7, installation of ActiveX components that involve running an EXE file were not elevated correctly.
- Programs running in the sandbox were not able to manage taskbar thumbnail buttons on Windows 7.
- Fixed an incompatibility with the Fault Tolerant Heap on Windows 7.
* Improved compatibility with other software
- Sandboxie will automatically run the Software Compatibility when new software is installed.
- Security software: Home-Guard Activity Monitor, FortKnox Firewall, F-Secure 2012
- Browsers: Scrapbook add-on, FoxNotes add-on, Windows Search for IE 8, Chrome Sync Data feature.
- Utilities: Typing Assistant, FeedDemon
- Hardware: N-Trig DuoSense tablet software, nVidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver