PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
* Windows 8 support
– Various smaller changes for official Windows 8 Certification.
* Backup: date options
– Enabled date options for file naming as default so users wont by accident overwrite their old backups.
* Backup: tar.gz support
– Improved TAR.GZ support in backup.
* Virtual Drive: IMG support
– Added support for IMG files in Virtual Drive.
* Drag & Drop: Profiles
– Added support for Compression Profiles in Drag and Drop window.
* Preview Window Improvements
– Disabled preview window for file selection when renaming files.
* ZIP format
– Added support for extracting folders with invalid name in Windows File System (/.example/).