PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- (Windows) 7z 9.13 beta
* FILE MANAGER
- Added entries to add and organize bookmarks in navigation bar
- Options > Settings: click ok to accept changes or cancel to discard
- Various minor updates
- (Linux) Added service menus for KDE4/Dolphin
* EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
- Fixed: removed unsupported -mmt switch for creation of GZip archives
- Last used custom application for archiving and extraction is automatically remembered
- Ok and Cancel buttons can now be selected using tab in archiving and extraction interfaces, and Ok button is now automatically selected to allow confirm job simply pressing enter
- In extraction/archiving interfaces click Ok to apply the changes to options and launch the job (or only to apply changes if the layout is empty), click Cancel to discard the changes and the job