Password Safe 3.26
Password Safe allows you to manage your old passwords and to easily and quickly generate, store, organize, retrieve, and use complex new passwords, using password policies that you control. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references - for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
# New Features
- Autotype has been added to the DragBar. Drag the image to an input area on another Window (e.g., Browser) and PasswordSafe will begin Autotype from there.
- User can now toggle between read-only and read-write modes via a menu item or by double-clicking on the current R-O or R/W indicator in the Status Bar.
- The displayed language can now be changed via the new Manage->Change Language menu.
- Add/Edit now displays both the Application's (PasswordSafe) and the current database's default Autotype string (if set via Manage->Options).
- The user can specify the list of symbols valid for password generation, and can override this for any particular entry (except when EasyVision or Pronounceable passwords are chosen).
- Added Autotype code "\s" to send "Shift+Tab" (back tab).
- Allow user to control copying of the password to clipboard when performing "Browse to URL" via an option in Options->Security. This is a database option i.e., you can have different setting for different databases.
- Support importing of TXT, CSV files and XML exported from KeePass V1 and KeePass V2 XML files. Note that KeePass V2's export in the V1 format is does not conform to their own format as specified by their V1 product and can not be imported. Please review our Help file for the settings in KeePass required during their export.
# Changes to Existing Features
- New image on start-up dialog - courtesy of user Prinz_Eugen.
- Polish installation texts added thanks to Michal Niklas.
- An entry's password expiry date is set or cleared directly rather than using the Set and Clear buttons after changing values.
- The default password generation policy is now for 12 character passwords that include symbol characters (previous default was 8, no symbols).
- Unknown database header fields and unknown entry fields are no longer exported when a database is exported to XML as there is no mechanism to re-check them during import. Exporting to XML and then importing to a new database can be used to remove these unknown fields.
- Date time fields, when exported to XML, now are in the W3C dateTime standard format instead of PasswordSafe's. This release can import XML files with date time fields in either of these forms. The next release will only be able to process the W3C standard.
- Fully support importing of TXT files exported from KeePass V1 including the Group Tree structure, URL and date time fields. Please review the online help for more details.
# Bugs fixed
- Users can no longer select an entry via the System Tray icon's Recent Entry menu if the display has not been restored after minimize or unlock.
- User preference changes are now correctly saved. This includes allowing user to change database preferences when the database is read-only.
- Filters with quotes in their name are now correctly exported, imported and displayed in the Manage Filters dialog.
- Export XML, export Text and the export of filters functions now process file names and paths containing non-Latin characters. In addition, missing directories in the specified path are created as neeeded.
- PasswordSafe no longer exits if the command flag is set to "-s <databasename>".
- The correct entry in List View is now used for Autotype when using the keyboard to select the entry when PasswordSafe first opens.
- Controls in Edit are now disabled if entry is protected.
- Compare databases now correctly compares the 'Protect' and password policy 'symbols' fields of entries.